Are you thinking about technical SEO as the skeleton of your website’s? It’s a clear fact about SEO, anything that develops on its bones will be badly impacted by the way they are designed. however, when it comes to technical issues associated with the SEO, it’s quite hard to identify where you should start with and what mistakes you analyze or fix first. According to the recent research on the most powerful and harmful SEO issues that negatively impact the performance of running, a website is varied from website to website. And as per the conclusion, the major concern is of data and millions of pages that websites contain. So, it’s important to recognize the issues that technical SEO possess and their factors of origination. Smart SEO Strategies to Use in 2019
Do make sure that you highly prioritize the issues made on the most important pages of your website, as, not every issue needs to be fixed right away. Therefore, we are here to not giving you insights on the most common SEO technical mistakes but also help you fix them in the most frequent and timely manner.
Improper HTTPS Security:
Website security with HTTPS is one of the most important factors that can lead to a major technical issue. In last year, Google rolled out an insecure warning in its google chrome every time a user visits on an HTTP website. To verify if your website is also HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure), just type your domain name into Chrome. If you see the message with secure text in the image below, it simply means your site is secure, it doesn’t have any technical issues. 6 Tips Should Every Blogger Know for SEO in 2019
If in case, your website is insecure, when you type your domain name into Google Chrome, it will display you a “gray background or even worse”, a red background with a warning that your site is “not secure”. This can impact users to immediately navigate away from your site. But you needn’t get worried we have got a solution for this too, that how can you fix such SEO technical issues. Let have a look:
- First of all, convert your site to Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure HTTPS.
- For this, you need to get an SSL certificate from a Certificate Authority.
- Once you buy and install your SSL certificate, your website will be secure for the rest of its life.
Basically, Robots.txt is a file used to navigate search engine robots what type of pages would like them to index & which to ignore for not to be indexed further. Having this file as an essential tool for allowing and disabling the index of pages, you don’t consider to appear in search results ever. Like, if you’re an online marketer who used to sell products online, you must make sure all your cloaked links are effectively disallowed, as passing link equity to paid links is against Google’s TOS (Terms of Service Workflows). Your file should also contain a proper link to your Extensible Markup Language (XML) sitemap, so search engines can precisely identify all the pages which correctly exist under your domain. With luck, the majority of CMS platforms nowadays come with a robots.txt file which you can edit with respect to your heart’s content. However, you still face issues, then please follow these below-mentioned steps.
- If you see “Disallow: /”, instantly talk to your developer.
- There could be a good reason it’s set up that way, or it may be an oversight.
- If you have a complicated robots.txt file, just like many e-commerce websites, you should review it thoroughly with your developer to make sure it works correctly.
Non-Optimized Meta Descriptions:
Meta descriptions are 165-character content cum backbone of a page URL that potentially describes the user what the page is about. It helps the search engines quickly index your page and when written well can elevate the user’s interest in the page. It’s a very simple feature of SEO, but generally, loads of pages are missing this important content. You might not see this content on your page. However, it’s one of the most important factors that help the user know should they click on your result or not? Just like your homepage content, these 165 character descriptions should be properly optimized to match what the user will read on the page. If you are not familiar with the ways that how can you optimize, then we’ve got a couple of ways to address you to fix you this major SEO issue.
- For those pages, that have missing meta descriptions:
- First, run an SEO site audit to find and analyze all the missing meta-descriptions.
- Analyze their value and prioritize accordingly.
- For pages with meta descriptions:
- Evaluate pages thoroughly based on performance and value to the organization.
- A proper SEO audit can identify all pages with meta-description errors.
- Pages with high value that are almost ranking, where you want should be optimized on high priority.
- All the pages that undergo edit, update or modification should also have the meta description updated at the time of the change too.
- In short, it’s essential to make sure that all the meta descriptions are unique to a page.
Apart from these issues, there are many more SEO technical issues that you can face. So, it’s important to fix those issues on time so that they won’t create further complications.
Well, on-site technical SEO issues can be numerous, But these are not permanent. They can be altered with the use of best SEO techniques or using the latest SEO trends that the industry is working on. Hopefully, after reviewing the above issues and their solutions, you have a better understanding that how you can protect your site from issues that leads to the complexity of a site and poor performance.